DR. MARTENS 1460
DR. MARTENS 1460
The 1460 is the original Dr. Martens Boot. Made with instantly recognizable features: 8 eyes, classic Dr. Martens leather, grooved sides, a heel-loop, yellow stitching and a comfortable, air-cushioned sole. Built to last, this unisex boot is forged using one of the finest methods of construction: utilizing a Goodyear welt and heat-sealing it to the sole. The 1460 is made with highly durable leather and sits on an AirWair sole, which is oil and fat resistant with good abrasion and slip resistance. Use Dr. Martens Wonder Balsam to protect the leather and keep your boots clean, soft and supple.
Understated leather tames the combat-reminiscent style of Dr. Martens's 1469 Originals 8-Eye boot. Looped pull at the back and signature stitching at the manmade sole.
Dr. Martens is the stuff of legends. It all began near Munich, Germany in 1945 when Dr. Klaus Maertens injured his foot in a skiing accident in the Bavarian Alps. To make walking easier during the healing process, he designed a shoe with an air-cushioned sole. Using old rubber tires, he constructed soles that had air trapped within closed compartments. He showed his prototype to his engineer/inventor friend, Dr. Herbert Funck, and together they decided to develop and produce the shoes. Not only did the shoe solve the doctor's immediate problem, but it also started to sell well in Germany. By 1959 the two decided that they needed a company to produce and distribute the shoes, then called Dr. Maertens, in other parts of the world. At first, many manufacturers rejected the concept of an air cushioned sole as a short-lived gimmick. However, the R. Griggs Group, located in the village of Wollaston in England, decided to go along with the idea by creating the first work boot with the revolutionary sole. On the first of April 1960, the first cherry red eight-eyelet work boot was produced and named 1460. To sell the brand name better in England, the name was anglicized to Dr. Martens. The range was branded AirWair and the rest is history.
- Style # 11822100
- Fabric Type: 100% Leather
- Sole Material: Manmade
- Shaft Height: 0.25 Inches
- Platform Height: 0.5 inches
- THE ORIGINAL: Instantly recognizable and ready to make your own; With 8 eyes, grooved sides and yellow stitching, the 1460 has style for the ages
- AIR-CUSHIONED: Dr. Martens famous “bouncing” AirWair soles are comfortable, oil and fat resistant and provide good abrasion and slip resistance
- MADE LIKE NO OTHER: Boots built to pound the pavement; The leather upper and sole are heat-sealed together for exceptional durability
- AUTHENTIC AS YOU: Made with classic leather that only gets better with time; Use Dr. Martens Wonder Balsam to protect the leather and keep your boots clean, soft and supple
- KICK THE NORM: From utilitarian work boot to cultural icon, Dr. Martens became a symbol of self-expression; Stand up, stand out and wear them well
- Gender: Women